The Pre-school Management Committee
The Pre-School’s overall management is undertaken by an annually elected committee, made up mainly of parents, who act together as the policy makers and the employers of all the staff. This is in line with the group’s constitution (see copy in the Operational Plan file at Pre-School), which was adopted by our group at an Annual General Meeting. The Annual General Meeting is held in October and is open to the parents/carers and community people who are interested in the pre-school activities and support the local children who attend the setting. It is our shared forum for looking back over the previous year’s activities and shaping the coming year’s plan.
- The responsibilities of the committee are
- managing the setting’s finances;
- employing and managing the staff;
- making sure that the setting has, and works to, policies that help it to provide a high-quality service; and
- making sure that the setting works in partnership with the children’s parents.
The committee officers are:
Chair – Mrs Charlotte Daubney
Secretary – Mrs Rachel Wason
Treasurer – Mrs Ellie Saunders
The day to day administration of the Pre-School is conducted by Alison Waters. Every session has a Playleader, Deputy playleader and two Assistants.